Astha Blogs

Negligent children can be denied of property by parents: SC

Submitted by asandil on Mon, 04/21/2014 - 19:00

Property is such an asset that it can very easily be a bone of contention among children and their parents. Parents make countless sacrifices while upbringing their children hoping that in the old age their children would care for them. But unfortunately, with drastic social changes and rapidly growing self-centredness, parents in their old age are mercilessly neglected by their children. 

Prefer to take the services of a competent property lawyer while buying any type of property

Submitted by asandil on Mon, 04/21/2014 - 18:57

Buying a house is the most costly deal that most individuals ever make. It is crucial that fitting forethought be taken into consideration with a view to make the entire process reliable and convincing. At the point when a purchaser has discovered the property that fits his needs and plan, there are a few lawful intricacies that must be managed before finishing the buy.

Law favours tenants also only when they complete lawful formalities from the very beginning

Submitted by asandil on Mon, 04/21/2014 - 18:55

Tenants all over the country face countless problems caused by landlords in terms of abruptly increasing the rent and untimely eviction. There are no of court decisions that favour the landlords. This situation arises due to lethargy shown at initial stages by tenants. Law is equal for everyone and favours tenants also only when they remain aware about some essential paperwork during the initial phases. 

How to get a marriage registration certificate?

Submitted by asandil on Mon, 04/21/2014 - 18:52

A marriage which has recently been solemnized might be enrolled either under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. The Hindu Marriage Act is relevant in situations where both husband and wife are Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs. In case they have changed over into any of these religions where either of the husband or wife or both are not Hindus, the marriage is enlisted under the Special Marriage Act, 1954.

Further, marriage can be solemnised between any two persons under the provisions of the Special Marriage Act, 1954. 

Daughters and their rights over the property of their father

Submitted by asandil on Mon, 04/21/2014 - 18:46

The daughters now can approach for seeking a partition from their family/brothers or fathers. They have equal rights to get their share in the family property. Once acquired, a lady is free to deal with the property the way she likes and it becomes her absolute property and her children have no right during her lifetime.

A daughter can file a suit for partition, on which a certain amount of court fees is payable. This court fee depends on the value of her share in the property and has to be calculated as per court fee chart.

All about the term ‘Cheque Bounce’ and the legal provisions associated with it

Submitted by asandil on Sat, 04/19/2014 - 19:16

A cheque is a document or instrument that orders a particular payment of money from a bank account. The person who is writing the cheque, known as drawer, he writes the various details on the cheque including the date, monetary amount, name of payee, signs on cheque and ordering their bank to pay the stated amount to that particular organization or that person encash that. 

The legal aspect of Corporate Social Responsibility in India

Submitted by asandil on Sat, 04/19/2014 - 19:06

India is the first country to introduce the concept of corporate social responsibility (CSR ) legislation, mandating that companies give 2% of their net profits to charitable causes. Innovative?  Perhaps on a policy level.  But some small-medium size enterprises within India have already embedded social impact into their company ethos.

New definition of desertion in matrimonial disputes

Submitted by asandil on Fri, 04/18/2014 - 18:58

From time to time, The Honourable Supreme Court of India has been giving some out-of-the-box rulings in the light of the issued raised. Continuing the same The Supreme Court (SC) has ruled that a spouse merely living separately does not amount to desertion. The aggrieved other spouse must prove that the estrangement wasn’t due to ill-treatment meted out by him or her.

Mediation centres are the modes of alternative dispute resolution system in matrimonial cases

Submitted by asandil on Fri, 04/18/2014 - 18:56

With rapidly increasing numbers of divorce cases caused by growing education level of women and their non-dependency upon their male partners, the litigation system is itself facing an uncontrollable amount of crowed in the legal corridors. The intellectuals having knowledge of the Indian social fabric are of the view that mediation centres can play a vital role in the minimizing the crowd in the courts particularly in the cases of divorce.