Getting alimony is a legal right but it depends upon so many circumstances

Submitted by asandil on Mon, 05/26/2014 - 19:25

Alimony is a payment that a person in a couple gets when that couple separates from each other as ordered by a family court. Alimony is also referred as settlement, spousal support and maintenance. It can be best understood as the monetary support, property, asset etc extended by ex-spouse of the receiver.

The spouse has the legal right to claim alimony after getting divorce. Though not an absolute right, but depending on the financial condition and the circumstances of the spouses, alimony can be granted by the court.

Women and Divorce in the new-age Indian Society

Submitted by asandil on Mon, 05/26/2014 - 19:20

At the point when opting for a divorce in India, it used to be difficult to confront a piercing and stooping glare. That is evolving now. A short understanding of how Indians see this incident is important. It is the legitimate bond between two life partners who wish to bring an end to their pledges (known as pheras), for all impacts and purposes. The way to get divorce in India is truly not at all like that which is practiced in western nations like the Unites States and Sweden.

It is necessary to hire 2 lawyers to file a divorce petition? asandil Thu, 05/22/2014 - 19:37

It depends upon the way divorce is being filed. If you are taking it through mutual consent, a single lawyer too can handle the case.

I am happily married person in my late 40s but my younger sister always asks for her share in the house that my father gave to me. What can i do? asandil Thu, 05/22/2014 - 19:36

Legally daughters have equal share in their father’s property. You are advised to meet a competent lawyer and discuss each and everything in greater detail and act accordingly.

I am a 32 years old woman living an uncared and unattended life and not getting any attention from my husband. I am fully deprived of the marital bliss. Can it be a ground for divorce? asandil Thu, 05/22/2014 - 19:35

You can move towards family court for the restitution of conjugal rights. Law also acknowledges that a marriage has no meaning if marital duties are not performed between the couples.

Can the daily domestic quarrels between husband and wife entitle either of the two of file a petition for divorce against the other? asandil Thu, 05/22/2014 - 19:34

the law has its own way to help individuals come out of these things. Petition can surely be filed.

My husband has left me and married another woman without getting legally separated. What action can I take against him as per the provisions of the Hindu Law. asandil Thu, 05/22/2014 - 19:33

Under Section 17 of the Hindu Marriage Act, bigamy is punishable u/s 494 & 495 of the Indian Penal Code. Section 494 prescribes for imprisonment, which may extend to 7 years and fine. So a complaint be lodged against the husband with the police.

I am a 39 year old married woman. I do live with my drunkard husband. He has snatched my 3 years old daughter from me. What can I do? asandil Thu, 05/22/2014 - 19:32

Through proper legal procedures, You can claim the custody of your daughter on the ground that your husband is drunkard and not able to care for your daughter.

I am a 36 year old married woman. My in-laws harass me for dowry. What can I do legally? asandil Thu, 05/22/2014 - 19:31

In this case you can move to the police station of your area and complain against your in-laws under 498 A of Indian Penal Code. You are also free to file a divorce petition in the family Court.