Matrimonial Issues

The suggestible amendments in The Hindu Marriage Act 1955

Submitted by asandil on Tue, 05/27/2014 - 18:52

According to the senior lawyer of the Supreme Court Kamini Jaiswal, it can, as of now, take 6 months to 20 years to get a divorce. As stated by the previous Union Law Minister M. Veerappa Moily, there are 55,000 cases pending in the different courts across the nation. Mr. Veerappa Moily likewise precluded correcting the Hindu Marriage Act so as to oblige the Khap Panchayat's requests.

Law, legal machinery and status of women in India

Submitted by asandil on Mon, 05/26/2014 - 19:26

In a society that has profound male dominance, women are incapable to get justice they deserve. For example, it is not very easy for a woman to go police station with a complaint against a man. She may not only be humiliated but also get a cold response from the policemen appointed there. What worsens the scenario is the attitude of the police towards a women complainer. It is the need of the hour to make judicial activism simpler, faster and readily available to the women.

Women and Divorce in the new-age Indian Society

Submitted by asandil on Mon, 05/26/2014 - 19:20

At the point when opting for a divorce in India, it used to be difficult to confront a piercing and stooping glare. That is evolving now. A short understanding of how Indians see this incident is important. It is the legitimate bond between two life partners who wish to bring an end to their pledges (known as pheras), for all impacts and purposes. The way to get divorce in India is truly not at all like that which is practiced in western nations like the Unites States and Sweden.

Now get a Tatkal Marriage Certificate in Delhi

Submitted by asandil on Mon, 05/26/2014 - 19:16

Having taken inspiration from Indian Railway’s "tatkal" ticket facility, the Delhi Government has produced a unique programme under which a marriage certificate can be issued within 24-hours. The Revenue Department of Delhi Government has introduced tatkal service that would issue quick authorization and proper certification of a marriage through a speedy procedure.

It is necessary to hire 2 lawyers to file a divorce petition? asandil Thu, 05/22/2014 - 19:37

It depends upon the way divorce is being filed. If you are taking it through mutual consent, a single lawyer too can handle the case.

I am happily married person in my late 40s but my younger sister always asks for her share in the house that my father gave to me. What can i do? asandil Thu, 05/22/2014 - 19:36

Legally daughters have equal share in their father’s property. You are advised to meet a competent lawyer and discuss each and everything in greater detail and act accordingly.

I am a 32 years old woman living an uncared and unattended life and not getting any attention from my husband. I am fully deprived of the marital bliss. Can it be a ground for divorce? asandil Thu, 05/22/2014 - 19:35

You can move towards family court for the restitution of conjugal rights. Law also acknowledges that a marriage has no meaning if marital duties are not performed between the couples.

Can the daily domestic quarrels between husband and wife entitle either of the two of file a petition for divorce against the other? asandil Thu, 05/22/2014 - 19:34

the law has its own way to help individuals come out of these things. Petition can surely be filed.

My husband has left me and married another woman without getting legally separated. What action can I take against him as per the provisions of the Hindu Law. asandil Thu, 05/22/2014 - 19:33

Under Section 17 of the Hindu Marriage Act, bigamy is punishable u/s 494 & 495 of the Indian Penal Code. Section 494 prescribes for imprisonment, which may extend to 7 years and fine. So a complaint be lodged against the husband with the police.

I am a 39 year old married woman. I do live with my drunkard husband. He has snatched my 3 years old daughter from me. What can I do? asandil Thu, 05/22/2014 - 19:32

Through proper legal procedures, You can claim the custody of your daughter on the ground that your husband is drunkard and not able to care for your daughter.