Arya samaj marriage is done under Hindu Marriage Act 1955 and the Arya samaj certificate is full proof of marriage.
Groom should be 21 years old or above, while the bride should be of a minimum of 18 years or above to become eligible for Arya Samaj Marriage in India.
Arya Samaj Marriage Documents Photograph: 1 Passport Size Photo of Each Address Proof: Passport Aadhaar Card Election Identity Card
Arya Samaj Mandir, Hanuman Road, Delhi 15, Hanuman Road, Hanuman Road Area, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110001
Arya Samaj Mandir, North Delhi Mall Road, Khyber Pass, Near Vidhan Sabha Metro Station, Civil Lines, North Delhi, Delhi, 110054
Arya Samaj Mandir, Tis Hazari 74-B, Khanna Market, Kachehri Road, Tis Hazari, New Delhi, Delhi 110054
Arya Samaj Mandir, Harit Vihar, Delhi A 54 A, Harit Vihar, Sant Nagar, Burari, Delhi, North Delhi, Delhi 110084
Arya Samaj Mandir, Janakpuri, Delhi 24, Arya Samaj Road, Janakpuri, Delhi, 110058
1. Varmala - The bride and the groom put garlands or varmala in each other’s neck.
2. Madhupark - Bride gives Madhupark, a mix of honey, curd, and cream to the groom, which the groom drinks it when offered to him for the third time.
3. Havan - The fire in the havan is worshipped, where the priests chant the mantras.
4. Kanyadaan - the father of the bride gives her hand to the groom.
5. Lajahom - In this ritual puffed rice is offered in the holy fire or havan. The bride and groom are supposed to hold hands, while the brother of the bride gives the rice in their hands to offer to the agni.
6. Phere - Couple takes four pheras in front of the holy fire, while the bride prays for the long life and happiness of her husband, and the groom promises to protect, take care and respect his wife.
7. Saptapadi - Couple takes 7 steps together. The 7 steps of this ceremony signify health, wealth, good luck, love, strength, food and offspring.
8.Sindoor Daan - The groom applies sindoor or red vermillion on the bride’s hairline.
9. Ashirvad - The couple bows down to all the elders to touch their feet and get their blessings.
Is Arya Samaj Mandir marriage legal? The ceremony of an Arya Samaj marriage is conducted as per the Vedic ritual, and valid under the Arya Samaj Marriage Validation Act, 1937 with provisions of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. Unlike Court marriage where you need to apply 30 days prior to getting married, an Arya Samaj marriage takes around 1-2 hours for completion.
Is Arya Samaj marriage certificate legally valid? Arya Samaj marriages require no registration. The certificate given by Arya Samaj Mandir is itself a valid proof of marriage. It is better to get the marriage registered with Office of Sub Registrar. They accept the marriage certificate issued by Arya Samaj and register your marriage immediately and provide you a certificate that will be useful when you apply for passport, home loan or any kind of joint loans, Visa( Arya Samaj marriage certificate is not a valid proof internationally. Hence before applying for Visa, it is recommended to register the Arya Samaj marriage under the Hindu Marriage Act ). You will have to go to this Office with any two witnesses, two photographs of your marriage at Arya Samaj, address proof of both husband and wife. A marriage which has already solemnized can be registered either under Hindu marriage Act 1955 or under Special marriage act 1954. Hindu marriage act is applicable only if both husband and wife are Hindus, Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists or they converted to these religions. If the above criteria is not applicable then special marriage act will come in play.